Wednesday, August 4, 2010

2 weeks to die!


I have been having crazy jaw pain for two weeks now. My son thought it would be a blast to ram his huge abnormally hard head into my jaw. Well, three weeks ago I made an appointment to be seen for it. Yes three weeks is how long it took to be seen at my doctor because I see a military doctor because tricare is a nazi crazy health insurance company and if you live in the north US you have to see a military doctor. Well, I made the appointment and decided along with that appointment I would be seen for other odds and ends that have been a small problem. Why not just burn through all the problems in one visit, right? Well, the appointment center woman, who btw was really nice, said everything was set up and I would be seen. So, today I come into the base clinic and wait like cattle being lined up for slaughter and it takes only 10minutes to be called back. WOW, ten minutes. It usually take a hour. I get back to the room and the nurse asks what's wrong and I tell her and she says..."I have you down for jaw pain and nothing else. The doctor is only allowed 15minutes with you. So you are going to have to make another appointment." Wtf? What happened to being able to go to the doctor when you are sick and being able to address other issues too? This is what we are coming to now? I'm am sure Obama would love to see this bc I am sure this is what's going to happen when his damn Obama care nonsense starts. Being hurdled in like cattle, taking numbers, making appointments for the a broken limb that take 2 weeks to be seen, not being respected by your doctor and he not listen to you, being allotted 15 minutes, and being region'd off!

5 comments:

  1. I would like to mention, that I am greatful that I do have free health insurance because my husband is in the military... I just feel like I am getting treated horribly in the Virginia region. Florida totally rocks for the health coverage with Tri-Care and you are ALLOWED to see a civillian doctor who remembers your name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I think so. Its not posting. This is the only one I see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had something so smart to say to you too!!! It went along the lines that if you can afford to, you might want to see a civilian doctor and pay out of pocket. In CA, my doctor costs me $60.00 per visit (I don't have insurance. If you are in pain, you might just want to do that and eat the cost. Being in pain sucks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am actually thinking about switching my insurance from Prime (which is everything is paid for) to Standard (where I pay a 40% copay). The insurance itself wouldnt cost anymore or and less every month but I would just have to pay more at the doctors office. Atleast I would have the one on one with my doctor.

    ReplyDelete