Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Squid me... Squid who? Squidoo!

"Squidoo is the place for you to create your identity online. It’s a fun and wonderful way of learning at the same time earning. It does publishing services making it easy for writers to create “lenses”online. Lenses are considered as pages wherein everything you know about different topic are being gathered."
Squidmaster Pang put it simply when he stated this....
"A squid is a food.
A squid is a fish.
A squid is an octopus, only tinier with a pointy head.
A squid is.. It is..

What is a squid?

Well, for me, squid is the first word that you would notice when you enter this site. When I first encountered Squidoo, and read what it does, I asked.. Why SQUIDoo?

Have you ever wondered about that or you just thought.. I'll make lots of money here and I'll be famous and I'll be..?
If I didn't see the site, I'd think.. Is this a scam or what? You could say I'm quite judgmental but I'm just actually being cautious. You don't know what could happen to you when you're using the internet.

So, I've been googling for how many hours trying to find the answer to my question. I have visited a lot of squidoo lenses already. The About Us page of Squidoo. (Well, at least I now understand why it's called LENS.)
* hours of searching passed *

I still don't know why it's called SQUIDoo, so I would hypothesize instead.

HYPOTHESES:

1.) Squids are fast swimmers. Squids have high level of intelligence. Squids are delicious. Squids are everywhere. Therefore Squidoo is SQUIDoo.

2.) SQUIDoo is actually a secret organization that protects squids and to promote them, they have used them as their sitename. They probably want to confuse people by using SQUIDS.

3.) No other site tried using SQUIDS as their logo or name, making them unique.

Well, of course, they're just hypotheses. I'm still hoping that some knowledgeable lensmaster would see this and answer. I'm still a newbie here and I have visited lenses to know. Google didn't help much either. XP

Overall, Squidoo, weird as its name is, is a fun site. I'm happy I found this.

And if I have become insomaniac with puffy eyes, I blame Squidoo for that. XD

Anyway, I would like to share some interesting facts about SQUIDS, SQUIDOO, and SQUIDWARD.

* Squidward is NOT a squid but rather an octopus. The reason that he has only six tentacles (You won't believe this.), the animators can draw him easily that way. (...)
* Squidoo is like playing a game, interacting, learning, making money, having fun and blogging at the same time. (while expressing your unique ideas and thoughts too. XD)
* If you have noticed, the CAPTCHA used in Squidoo are mostly about squids.
* Squids are believed to be the fastest of all invertebrates in the world. The giant squid is the largest invertebrate in the world.
* Did you know that squids have three hearts? No wonder Squidoo gives so much."

If you are tired of busting your butt to get traffic to your website or blog.  If you are tired of PAYING for that traffic you DO get.  If you are flat out exhausted by all your attempts to rise to the top of Google and other search engines...then Squidoo is for YOU! It is in the top 100 visited sites in the United States. Members of the site can earn from referral/affiliated links to sites. The blogs here that you write are called “lense", making you the "Lensemaster"! Its a place for you to rant and rave and share about latest products, ideas, places, and many other things.
Squidoo lenses get indexed very quickly. It is not uncommon to make a lense and find it in a Google search in less than 72 hours. Other new websites that dont use the services from sites like Squidoo have been known to wait months to feel the love from Google!"

Can Squidoo Help My Online Business? 

"Yes. Yes! and YESSSS!

Do you think free traffic will help your online business?

Do you think more exposure in search engine returns would help your online business?

Do you think dominating your keywords will help your online business?

Do you think making extra money will help your online business?

Ok, then. Point made ;-)"


Now, take a peek at a great Squidoo Lens and see if that kind of extra traffic and exposure could help YOUR business! http://www.squidoo.com/most-wanted-christmas-gifts-in-2010

In all, I think this is an amazing and wonderful site! I love being able to express my opinions about topics and ideas and items and share them with the world a lot faster than with most "marketing" type sites. This one is legit and free and so easy to use! You can  make a lens in a matter of minutes and get results in less than a few days! I made this lens http://www.squidoo.com/lose-weight-in-2-weeks---are-you-missing-something-in-your-diet-and-exercie-program-that-could-help-you 4 days ago and I have already have 74 hits as of this morning on it without doing any work other than putting the lens itself together! I'd say thats pretty good, especially seeing that this lens was done very quick and sloppy for my standards.

1 comment:

  1. I left a gift for you on my blog! go check it out =)

    http://jenniferscavone.blogspot.com

    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete